Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reading List

I have had the privilege to read some incredible theological reflections in the last few months.  If you are looking for some thought-provoking, inspiring words, read on:

The Divine Conspiracy, by Dallas Willard
  --A great book on discipleship.

Prayer, by Richard Foster
  --Hands-down, the best book on prayer I've ever read.  I'm still absorbing the pages of notes I wrote   as I read.

Life With God:  Reading the Bible for Spiritual Transformation, by Richard Foster
  --A source of "refreshment" when my time in the bible felt dry.  Gave me new ways of seeing "old" things.

The Practice of the Presence of God, by Brother Lawrence
  --A classic I had never read on finding God where you are.


And, apart from theology, these fiction and non-fiction books have been worth the read this past year:

Little Bee, by Chris Cleave
The Year of Wonders, by Geraldine Brooks
Omnivore's Dilemma, by Michael Pollan
Eating Animals, by Jonathan Foer
Holes, by Louis Sachar




 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment