We are still waiting. No big news, though there has been much movement in the past few months. Several families have received approvals and a handful have received referrals. For that, we are grateful. We are also continuing to read more about the possibilities for what is to come for our family when we bring our daughter home. I recently read, "The Connected Child," by Dr. Karyn Purvis.
I learned a lot about the what we may expect, but also learned a lot about how we could be better parenting the children in our home now. I have read many blog entries of families who are home with their adopted children, many of whom are extremely honest about the transition and change to their family life. It is often very difficult. We have been in this journey with eyes wide open from the beginning. We know that our experience will be unique to us and our children, but we appreciate how the stories of others encourage us and challenge us.
Friday, February 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment