Sunday, May 8, 2011
"Mom"
Mother's Day is today. I wake up to the sounds of my children and my husband in the kitchen, working through the makings of a special breakfast for me. The day begins with reflection--time spent thanking God for the miracle He performed in the making of each one of our children, time spent wondering how I am faring as their mother, prayerfully considering how God has used motherhood to draw me closer to Him, and dreaming about what is to come for our family. I make my way downstairs to three proud children, who keenly observe every move I make, wanting so much to have pleased me today. I croon over the hot coffee, sentimental cards, and delicious breakfast and respond with joy to their expressions of love. Then I realize, today is not that much different than any other day. Every day, they keenly observe me as their mom and teacher, wanting to elicit joy and gratitude from me in their work and play. I thank God for grace and the gift of another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

They set a beautiful table; what did they fix you for breakfast? Bless their little hearts (and their Dad's as well)!
ReplyDelete