Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Deep

"...to see deeply, to thank deeply, to feel joy deeply.  How my eyes see, perspective, is my key to enter into His gates.  I can only do so with thanksgiving.  If my inner eye has God seeping up through all things, then can't I give thanks for anything?  And if I can give thanks for the good things, the hard things, the absolute everything, I can enter the gates to glory.  Living in His presence is fullness of joy---and seeing shows the way in."
                        ---from "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp



This book has inspired me to get a fancy journal to place on the kitchen island...a space where each of us, separately but together, can make a record of that for which we are thankful.  Gratitude is the lens through which I'd like to see the world and through which I'd like my children to learn to see the world as well.  So, we'll practice and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. loved this book!

    and we have a journal, too! it's not fancy. but everyone writes in it and i just love it.

    and it truly DOES help our attitudes!

    ReplyDelete