Monday, May 3, 2010
May is for Moms
This post may be a bit premature, as Mother's Day is not until the weekend. During the beginning part of May, before Mother's Day, as I gather the cards and words I'd like to send to the special moms in my life, I think a lot about what a privilege it is to be called, "mom." I thank God for Evan, Nicholas, and Sarah. I also look forward in hope to the day when a little girl in Rwanda will see me as "mom." Each of them, in their own way, refines me into the best of who I am meant to be. They have grown me toward greater love, patience, honesty, self-sacrifice, gratitude, and joy. This year, as always, I ask myself, "Who am I? Am I the kind of person I want to be? Is that reflected in the way I approach motherhood? Am I living intentionally in motherhood? What am I doing well as a mom today? At would could I have been better today? How can I be better at encouraging other women's choices in motherhood? In what ways and by whom have I been encouraged in my journey?" To my mom...thank you. To Jon's mom...thank you. To my sisters and friends who encourage and inspire me...thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good photo . . . the boys' hair is getting longer . . . not buzzed lately?
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting that you received what you were waiting for right before Mother's Day.
I sent out a large padded envelope to you so let me know when you get it.
Have a good week! - Love you, Mom