Sunday, May 2, 2010

USCIS Approval!!

You know you are adopting when you pull into the driveway after a long hike and the conversation sounds like this:


Me:  Can I have the keys?
Jon:  Why?
Me:  I want to get the mail.
Jon:  No.  I was going to get the mail today.  You get the mail every day.  I want to see if it's in there.
(Jon wins...goes to get the mail and starts filing through it as he walks back toward me)

Jon: Ohhh....guess what I have?
Me:  Shut up.  That is not "it."  You're just teasing me.
Jon:  No, I'm serious (as he opens a letter)

Like small children receiving a personal letter, we crowded around and read our approval from the USCIS!

The rest of the evening, I organized all of our documents for our dossier, checked and double-checked them all, and put the finishing touches on our photo pages.  This week, we'll get the approval authenticated, get copies of our dossier made, and hand-deliver it to our agency. 

Woo-hoo!!

2 comments: