Our dossier went from here to Indianapolis to Great Britain and finally to Kigali, Rwanda. It has been signed for! Now we are officially on the wait list.
As we wait, we are reminded by our 2-year-old approximately 20 or more times a day about our other little girl in Africa with the following dialogue:
2-year-old: "Where's my sister?"
Either Jon or I: "Where do you think she is?"
2-year-old: "She's in Africa. We can go get her."
Us: "Yes, we'll go get her, but it will be a long time from now."
2-year-old: "Mommy and daddy will go get her?"
Us: "Yes. We will get her after a long time."
2-year-old: "I will open the door for her."
Us: Great.
2-year-old: "And I will share my milk with her?"
Us: Yes.
2-year-old: "And I will not share my books with her."
Us: "Yes, you will share your books and toys with her."
Perhaps it wasn't the best idea, given her limited understanding of time, to tell the 2-year-old until closer to our travel time.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment