Our dossier is finally on its way to Kigali, Rwanda! We are looking forward to tracking its path there. Then, we wait a really long time....maybe between 9-12 monhts...maybe less and maybe more. Either way, for now we are content to be finished with the paperwork. I am also content to spend the next piece of time, however long it is until we travel to Rwanda, as a family of five. I feel much like I did when I was pregnant with Sarah. She was overdue by a couple of weeks. While the rest of the world seemed really anxious for her arrival, I could have been pregnant forever, knowing that the time I had with her inside of me could never be again. Further, I knew I would never be the mom of *just* two sweet little boys again. This is no different. I will never get this time back to prepare for our newest family member's arrival. So, I will cherish the time, try to live just today, and let the process take care of itself.
As we wait, whoever reads this blog...
Would you consider praying for our family? Pray that all of us would be physically, emotionally, and spiritually prepared for our daughter's arrival. Pray that our daughter, whether born yet or not, would be well-loved from her mother's womb to our arms. Pray that our daughter's birth family, whatever their circumstances are/will be, will be blessed. Pray for the Sisters who take care of the many children at Home of Hope, that God would provide physical and spiritual strength for their work. Pray that God would expand our wisdom and our joy as we wait.
Thank you.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You better believe we are praying for our new niece and your family as you will go through a big transition when she arrives! We are so excited to share this journey with you! Lots of love from TX :)
ReplyDeleteOurs is on its way too! It's currently in Great Britain and scheduled to arrive in Kigali on Friday. Can't wait! Maybe we can be waiting buddies :) Isn't it such a relief to have it done?
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, friends! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete