Saturday, July 17, 2010
Ready
I should have posted this 24 hours ago, before the kids reminded me what life is really like with three kids. HOWEVER, after an incredible two-week long hiking, camping, kayaking, backpacking, boogie boarding, snorkeling, swimming, star-gazing, sushi eating, Kona coffee drinking, 4-wheeling, helicopter-riding, waterfall sighting, hammock laying, umbrella drink sipping, relaxing, and breathtaking trip to Kauai with my husband (thanks again and a million, Mom, for taking care of the kids!), I think I'm ready for the coming year. As a mom, the energy well from which I deliver patience and grace and joy with my children feels full. I'm ready to start seriously thinking about the coming year, including school, with the three children at home and I'm ready to endure the long wait ahead for our daughter in Rwanda. As a wife, my love for Jon grew deeper roots on this trip. The time we spent together enjoying so many exciting adventures was priceless. We have been blessed in so many ways in our (almost) 12 years of marriage and 16 years together. We look forward to sharing different kinds of life adventures which await us in the coming years. Spiritually, I am in a place of immense gratitude. We heard a gospel message at Kauai Community Church last Sunday which helped me tune up my thinking on grace and redemption. I am so grateful for the gift of grace, redemption, and new life given to me by Christ's loving and complete sacrifice. I appreciate God's unconditional, unfailing love for me NO MATTER WHAT I do or don't do. God loves me. THAT is enough to fill me up and spill over me into every other area of my life. I'm ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That, my friend, is a REAL vacation!!! I'm so glad that you had time to get away and time to spend with Jon. It's just amazing, isn't it, to have time together, days on end, uninterrupted? Our trip to St. John was our first (and only so far) trip like that and two years later, the memories still fill my tank! Blessings to yoU!
ReplyDelete