I read recently on another adoptive family's blog about a time when you would have a bunch of paperwork in front of you to complete on a deadline and that you would find it extremely difficult to will yourself to get it done. I'm pretty sure I've come to that time. When we started this process, we couldn't believe we would wait long enough to have to update our homestudy or I-171H. Indeed, we have waited long enough to have to update our homestudy in order to update our I-171H (the immigration application). Somehow, I thought it would be a few signatures and a pat on the back. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Mostly, it's like redoing our homestudy without the extensive interviews. So, we will be kept busy in the next few weeks doing medicals, background clearances, fingerprints, financial forms, etc.
I'm glad the government cares a lot about checking out prospective adoptive families. The hoop-jumping can just get tiring after a couple of years :)
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are in the exact same place. Time to update the homestudy, so we can resubmit the USCIS, ect.....I just want to will it all done and not have to do it again!...I know I shouldn't complain, we are so much closer to our child now than we were last year!
ReplyDelete