Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Referral!

This is not a repeat post, we actually received our full referral today, although through scanned pages our agency sent, and not via email from the ministry direct.  We are excited that there are no surprises, and even got another picture of our daughter where she looks adorable (but mildly terrified to be being posed so formally for the picture).  Mary and I got our paperwork overnighted to USCIS today to attempt to get our I-600A updated before it expires in October.  We are hoping our case officer there takes pity on us and is able to turn it around not only before we need it to return home from Kenya, the embassy that will process our child's Visa, but preferably before we leave, so we can have the updated I-171H in hand with us.  Tomorrow we will send in our acceptance of the referral to our agency and start to work out the travel details with them.

I'll keep this entry short since with amazing timing our AC went out yesterday and we are sweating just sitting here.  Just turning off a few lights, TV, and computers manages to have a huge impact on the temperature in the house.  I decided to go cheap last night and order a new part myself after some limited diagnosis.  So if I manage to not electrocute myself installing it later this week, I'm hoping it will save us the call to the repair guy.  Of course in the mean time, we are adjusting to the heat for a few days while the part arrives...

No comments:

Post a Comment