This is what we've been up to the last week or so:
-getting vaccinations (Yellow Fever and a Polio booster for Jon and Yellow Fever, Polio, TDap, HepA, and Typhoid for Mary)
-making packing lists
-acquiring baby supplies (formula, bottles, clothing, car seat, etc.)
-making lesson plans for the kids to complete while we are away
-calling USCIS EVERY DAY and leaving messages (which have yet to be returned) to see about her I-600A extension
-having a great time with my dad this past weekend (Gettysburg, Air and Space Museum, games, etc.)
-doula'ing for friends at the birth of their first son!
-decluttering, especially in the girls' bedroom
-filling out paperwork necessary for travel
-working on choosing a name for our daughter
We are hoping to have solid travel dates by week's end.
Jon is traveling to Texas this week to visit his customer before he is off work for a month. I know we mentioned it on here before, but we are SO grateful to Cisco for their incredible adoption benefits. Jon gets 4 weeks of leave, not taken from his vacation time!
The kids are getting SO excited to spend time with their aunt, uncle, and cousins. Sometimes, a panic comes over me at the thought of leaving them for so long, but it is quickly replaced with confidence in knowing how well they will be cared for and how much fun they will have in Texas.
There are times when I am overwhelmed and can hardly believe this is really our life and that we really have a referral and will actually be in AFRICA in a couple of weeks!!! Then, there are times when I am overcome with gratitude in recognition of the magnitude of this experience. I feel like I am at the end of a pregnancy, with the same feelings of anticipation of what's to come and excitement about our new addition that I had with all 3 of the other kids.
We know we have to, but we can't wait to see her!!
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looking forward to having the kiddos out here! My kids are excited to see them too!!! Griffin asks about it every day. When we know the exact date they'll be here I think I'll make a paper chain countdown.
ReplyDelete