Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Patience and Resolve

These are subjects I struggle with.  I had a high level of interest in pursuing a Rwanda adoption, and Mary was open to this possibility as well.  However, during our initial conversations with both agencies we were encouraged to pursue Ethiopia since it's a much more known and established program.  Instead of pushing harder to understand that better, we moved ahead with Ethiopia application.  After researching further and thinking long and hard about it, Mary and I decided we wanted to discuss this with AWAA one more time and see if they would accept us into their Rwanda program.  Technically they prefer families with only two current children but we know there are a number of families with more children who have been successful adopting from there before.  Like most things in international adoption, nothing is set in stone.

That said, even though we feel strongly that Rwanda is the right direction, it does reset us a bit, as we found out yesterday they were ready to send us the approval information for Ethiopia.  Now we are waiting to talk to the program director and see if she will accept us into the other program and whether we need to resend a new application or how to proceed.  So, we've caused this delay ourselves... and need to have patience while we work through resolving it.  In the mean time, I'm still thinking of other paperwork we may need and trying to try to collect all these documents, mostly so I can feel like I'm accomplishing something.

1 comment:

  1. Praying that God makes it clear a to which country you should pursue. We can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete