The kids are with our friend, Nancy, who volunteered to take them to Target to get something special for their backpacks for the airplane ride to Texas. She is always so thoughtful and the kids literally waited at the door for her to arrive. I think they were excited!
We are pretty much ready to go. Our immigration paperwork is allegedly approved. We are waiting for the "real deal" to arrive in our mailbox. The mailbox checking reminds me of the beginning of this journey, when Jon and I used to "fight" over whose turn it was to get the mail. :) These are details I'm glad we have documented on here, as I would have already forgotten.
This week, we've been trying to focus on the three kids here, finishing some school work, Friday breakfast and a long bike ride this weekend planned for Evan and Jon, play dates for the boys tomorrow, a special Clifford dinner at Sarah's school on Thursday.
Then, today, we got an e-mail invitation, thanks to my sister's nomination, to participate in a free photo shoot by a well-respected and acclaimed photographer, Me Ra Koh. She is putting on a workshop in DC and always looks for local "models." So, instead of packing, we are heading to DC on Sunday for family photos. I am excited to have this moment, the last days as a family of 5, documented well by great photography. I am especially excited that it's free!! And, we can always pack on Monday! :)
We are still discussing names for her. We are still waiting on news of her measurements so that we can bring properly sized clothing and diapers. Every detail of her face is memorized in my mind's eye. I literally think about her all day long. In a little more than a week, God willing, we will be holding her and whispering in her ear what our hearts already know....that she is loved.
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment