Saturday, March 6, 2010

Rwanda Info

Mary and I have been learning a bit more about Rwanda, and I wanted to share this map that was on their Embassy website. I don't know if they are actually open today but we may drive by it since the weather is nice and a walk around DC seems in order.

We will probably also check out Bourbon coffee, an Rwanda coffee shop that also has this one location in the USA.  It's Sarah's birthday today and walking around and visiting a park is right up there on her wish list after a long winter.

On the adoption front, we got back a number of authenticated documents with only some minor "do-overs" required... a notary at our doctor's office who has her middle initial on her seal instead of her full middle name, and North Carolina ignored our original cover letter and choose to Apostille (a process that applies to countries that are a party to a UN convention on international documentation) our document instead of Authenticate it (the process for everyone else).  However, mainly we are awaiting our approval from the USCIS on our I-600A form, which they have at least acknowledged receiving with a receipt, so we have plenty of time to work out these details.  Hopefully we should get our fingerprinting appointment from them in the next week or two.  Until we get through that process, we don't get to start the waiting process on the Rwanda side...

No comments:

Post a Comment