Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Waiting...

Nothing happening... just waiting.  Everything we can do has been done, yet we are still in the early stages of the adoption.  Waiting for USCIS, who now has our fingerprints to approve us as adoptive parents.  Waiting for USPS to bring the mail with the approval document (I-171H) which then we can send to Rwanda, so everyday when I come home from work... "Did you check the mail Mary?"   "Yes, but nothing in it..."

In any case, life has been anything but boring in the mean time.  Work has been extraordinarily busy for me and I finally had to put some bounds around it to maintain any chance of normalcy.  After a busy week, we decided to get out and enjoy Spring some by visiting the Penn State University campus over the weekend and also drop by the Hershey chocolate factory on the way home.  Got to listen to more of the podcast we mentioned earlier and it's really been affecting both of us.  I feel as if big changes are coming... future is vague right now but we hope God gives us clarity on direction in the coming months (or years).  In the mean time, he's already been planting seeds and I feel calling us into actions that are definitely not part of our plans.  I'm just hoping any major changes are post adoption... you should see the paperwork involved if you change the littlest part of your life while you are in the process!

1 comment:

  1. Jon and Mary- The Radical Series has really impacted us as well. We are not sure of all the changes yet, but we know that God is calling us to make alot!! Love David Platt and glad that you are enjoying him as well!!

    Chase and Laura Bowers
    Rwanda Family with AWAA
    DTR 11/12/09

    ReplyDelete