Saturday, November 14, 2009

Caught up to real time?

Blogs aren't meant for documenting the past... so I've been trying to get this one caught up to real time.  That said, anyone reading this entry will be doing so well after the fact as we won't open the blog until we tell our families about our decision to adopt.  One might ask why we are going to blog, especially those who know me!  Although I work in the tech industry, I have yet to join any social networking sites and still prefer face to face conversations over the phone.  The primary reason is that we want to have a place for family and friends to be able to go to find out information about the adoption.  However another important reason is that we have gotten a huge amount of information about the process, agencies, costs, unsuspected surprises and how families have been touched by their adopted children through numerous blogs on the Internet.  I hope that our blog will be useful to others as they go through this process in the future as well.  Lastly, I have a horrible memory, so I'm hoping this is a document about our journey that covers some of the details I'm likely to forget.

In any case, it's Saturday evening and today we filled out our AWAA application earlier today.  Although we are still planning on talking to another agency, we are eager to proceed and are pretty confident we will land with them on the Ethiopia program at this point.  I feel like everything is pointing towards them, but the practical side of me says we have to dot the i's and cross the t's by getting a few more details as well as compare them with another agency with similar ideals (at least from what we have been able to find out about them so far) through another interview before proceeding.  I think Mary wants to move faster!  Hopefully we can close out these details and start the process formally soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment