I guess I should get used to this "waiting" thing. I know we'll be doing a lot of it through this process. I am anxious for Thursday so that we can interview another agency and hopefully make a decision this weekend. In the meantime, I am praying a lot about the child we will add to our family. We have left blank the spot on the application which asks about the gender and age of the child we "prefer" to adopt. That decision is coming very soon. From what I understand, even more detailed decisions regarding "preference" will follow. What I really prefer is for there to be no orphans in the world...for every child in our world to have a loving family. I am expecting to feel the weight of saying "no" to some (many) kids so that we can, for right now, say "yes" to one for our family. Something I read a few days ago which has been sitting heavily with me:
Jeremiah 23:15-16
"But he was just and right in all his dealings. That is why God blessed him. He gave justice and help to the poor and needy and everything went well for him. Isn't that what it means to know me? says the Lord."
Isn't that what it means to know me? says the Lord.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment