Many nights this week staying up to late... reading forms, signing forms, writing letters, printing documents. The paper chase is well under way, and so far we have had two versions of one form (after notarization) and 3 versions of another sent to us. I've also figured out to put auto updating dates in any word docs that I make to send over to Rwanda, as all letters that are written to MIGEPROF (Ministry of Gender and Family Promotion) have dates, which of course need to match the date you sign and notarize them. This means I can print the form the day Mary and I can both be at the office when our notary is there and it will have the right date. These are the little things that excite me! Still haven't done my autobiography... but really really plan to before orientation on Monday (did I mention my fear of starting writing assignments?).
Mary and I sometimes have to sit back and declare enough for a night. Double checking paper work and requirement lists over and over can get a bit overwhelming. AWAA has been very response to questions we have sent over, although we have noticed a pattern that everyone over there only answers emails from 5 pm to 6 pm, so my guess is they are on the phone all day with folks who prefer to contact them that way and deal with email once the office officially closes. In any case, it seems everything is progressing as planned, I guess we will know more about how the home study works after the Monday orientation.
Oh yeah, and for those who have seen the my earlier post... some documents I sent out just before 5 pm from work yesterday... they are there today with an email from our family coordinator letting us know they arrived... thanks FedEx (and work for having a great shipping department that never cuts out early)!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment