Home study orientation went great. I am really excited that we are working through a Christian agency as it really made a difference to Mary and I to be able to open the experience with prayer and be able to discuss our faith through the home study process. AWAA is a small agency and so we were in the same conference room where we met a family coordinator who ended up being the person assigned to us. The home study coordinator (different person) had a lot of wisdom and had the type of contemplative personality that we knew we would really click with, so we are hoping she becomes the social worker assigned to us. We did find out that we can't go any farther in the process without all our materials submitted, and I felt really organized as we submitted a pile of paperwork. The coolest part was that Mary was asked to close us in prayer and did so with this really moving prayer... it was almost like she was taking notes all meeting and expected to be called on at the end!
Fast forward to today... I'm thinking, "Well, we have the medicals and references to get back, and due to the blood tests we have to get this week, it will be till about two weeks from now before we get all the additional paperwork in and get a social worker assigned and our next meeting setup." However, on my way home from work today, Mary said she talked to the person who collects our paperwork and since we had almost everything in, if we just submitted my autobiography, we could get assigned a social worker and set up our meetings. They would get the references and physical exams before the process ends, so they said we could move forward in the process since we knew when those would be coming back. Hmm... about that autobiography I meant to finish this weekend... Well, we have a church budget meeting starting in a few minutes and I have to work late tomorrow night, so I have the feeling tonight will be another late night (for me, anyway, while Mary snickers and thinks about what she is going to do with her spare time!)
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment