Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Home Alone


Mary and the kids are in Texas, doing the child swap.  Margaret, her sister, is watching them and they were very excited to spend the time with their cousins, although everyone in the family has cried at least once over the last few days before they left.  We are all packed up... at one point on Monday no less than 5 suite cases were scattered around the house!  It is very anti-climatic being home alone... I kept insisting we pack everything before she left as I was freaking out and having trouble sleeping thinking that we would find out there was something major we needed to get or didn't have... but now I have little to do or ways to feel like I'm getting ready for our big trip Friday.  Other than that, everyone has been super supportive, from friends to coworkers, to folks from church who have pitched in or offered to help drop by with last minute baby items we need (or suitcases!), money for diapers, well wishes, etc...

In any case.. I think I've discovered that Home Alone is not a good condition for me.  I worked eleven hours yesterday, missed lunch, and then after doing some errands walked in at about 8 pm.  This is surprising as yesterday I finally got most of the remaining items off the list I was hoping to close out before leaving work for a month.  This morning I'm still at home, answering emails in between crossing off the remaining items from the TODO list Mary left.  I think I've re-discovered why I don't work from home on a regular basis... am I really updating our blog in the middle of the day!  Why can't it be Friday already?!

Can't wait to see my new little girl, if  last night's trip to Target was any indication, I may already be forming a tendency to spoil her as much as Sarah (who knew there were ulta soft, hypoallergenic, pseudo-organic diapers that are still supposed to actually work??)

P.s.  For those of you who have heard of the toe incident, it has turned blue at the knuckle, but does not appear to be broken and surprisingly feels mostly better now (even though it looks uglier).  Walking seems fully recovered at this point as well.. hurts a bit after the shoes are on for awhile, but not very much!  WARNING:  Do not leave suitcases all over your bedroom and attempt to navigate with the lights off!

1 comment: