When I married Jon, I knew he would be a good husband, but I could only hope he'd be a good father. He is a great daddy. I have been in bed for much of the last few days. He has changed 99% Josiane's diapers, fed her, and taken her out of the room for hours so I could rest. On top of that, he washes all the bottles multiple times a day and he did laundry in the bathtub yesterday in true pioneer style.
Most importantly, though, he loves Josiane well. He noticed over the past couple of days that she doesn't like to make eye contact while eating. This is an important piece of attachment. So, he refused to move the bottle out of the range of eye contact. She had to be looking at him to eat. Once she got it, he told her how much we love her again and again.
It's true--love doesn't split, it multiplies.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Amen to the father your husband is . . . and alleluia! I know you know you are blessed to have Jon share your life and parenting your children. WE are blessed to call him our son-in-law and to know he is parenting our grandchildren with you.
ReplyDeleteJulie said to tell you that though Mom rarely reads anything at all anymore because of her eyes, dizziness, etc., she read every word of your blog that I sent her. I'm sending another installment from Sunday in Rawanda on.
What documentary should I try to get hold of about the genocide in Rawanda? I would think I could get whatever at our library.