Pictures will have to come tomorrow or later. I am not feeling well and don't have the energy to fight the troublesome Internet to upload photos.
Today, Sunday, was a true Sabbath for us. One of our POA's is a pastor, so we walked two miles to his church. It was a lovely, community-building walk despite my rumbling stomach.
We arrived to wild, loud, spirit-filled music. It was an experience I won't soon forget and I am sure God was well-pleased to hear people who live a world apart worshiping as one.
One of the dads on our trip is a pastor. He had the unique privilege of delivering the sermon and did a really good job.
After church, which lasted four hours, we went back to the hotel for rest. Jon and others went to lunch. I stayed in the room with Josiane, sleeping much of the afternoon.
Josiane is doing great. She sleeps well, getting up once in the night to be fed and changed. She doesn't really cry. Today she smiled several times for us. She is just content wherever she is, even if we are out all day.
We miss the kids at home a lot. I've forgotten what it feels like to be in our home and to hear their voices through the day. We hope to be home no longer than two weeks from now.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment